Friday, April 16, 2010

SUNDAY SCHOOL LESSON - APRIL 18TH

What Are Your Ground Rules?

LESSON PASSAGE OUTLINE
1. Worship the Lord Only (Ex. 20:1-6)
2. Show Respect for the Lord (Ex. 20:7-11)
3. Treat Others Right (Ex. 20:12-17)


BIBLICAL TRUTH - The Lord expects people to relate rightly to Him and others.

Introduction - Commentary by Bob Dunston, Professor & Chairman of the Dept. of Religion & Philosphy at the University of the Cumberlands, Williamsburg, KY.

I asked one of my students, who recently had gotten married, how she was enjoying married life. I loved the honesty of her response. “I’m having to get used to sharing, and I’m not sure I like it!”
Sometimes the mutual expectations in new relationships are clearly communicated. At other times they can be hazy. Relationships demand commitment, patience, sharing, forgiveness, and encouragement if they are to succeed.

Consider two of your relationships. What are the expectations and responsibilities associated with each? How did you discover the expectations and responsibilities?

In our relationship with God we may be tempted to focus on what we expect to receive from Him without paying much attention to what He rightly expects from us. God revealed His commands to help us relate rightly to Him and to others. Only by following Him can we enjoy a full life that blesses Him and those around us.

No comments: