Friday, March 12, 2010

SUNDAY SCHOOL LESSON - MARCH 14TH

Divine Purpose

Lesson Passages: Exodus 5:1-3; 6:6-8; 7:1-5


BIBLICAL TRUTH - God redeems people so they can worship Him, live in right relationship with Him, and testify of His salvation. - Commentary by Bob Dunston, Professor & Chairman of the Dept. of Religion & Philosophy at the University of the Cumberlands in Williamsburg, KY.

“Patricia, we’ve been missing you at church,” said Joanne.
“Oh, I’ve had some busy weekends with work and friends. I’ll be back soon, I promise. It’s just that I have too many things going on right now.”

“Church is important,” Joanne responded. “Worship draws us together and gives us strength and hope. Bible study helps us focus on God and live for Him. Being part of a fellowship of believers encourages and prepares us to tell others about Him so they can find salvation and faith. We need you, Patricia, and you need us so we can each fulfill God’s purpose.”

How do Bible study and worship help you in your Christian walk? What would you add to Joanne’s comments to Patricia?

No comments: